Re: Interview questions (George Janczyn) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 29 Oct 1999 20:47 UTC

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:34:54 -0700
From: "George J. Janczyn" <gjanczyn@UCSD.EDU>
Subject: Re: Interview questions (2 messages)

During an interview, not describing something in detail might mean the
candidate doesn't know about details; but then again it might mean the
person just isn't a great storyteller.  In a real work situation a person
has more time to plan and consult and document details of a project--it
doesn't all have to be done in a minute or two as during an interview under
pressure where such details may or may not come easily to mind, especially
with a shy personality.

For strong evidence of attention to detail, look to the written application
and what the references have to say.

I like the question, though, because it's relevant and the answer could help
validate your overall impression.

George J. Janczyn   Technical Services Automated Systems Manager
Geisel Library, University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, DEPT 0175K, La Jolla, CA 92093
858-534-1282       FAX: 858-822-0349
gjanczyn@ucsd.edu  http://tpot.ucsd.edu/