Re: Staff performance: checkin rates -- 5 messages Stephen D. Clark 18 Oct 1999 15:59 UTC

5 messages:

1)-------------------------------
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Staff performance: checkin rates -- Susan Andrews
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:35:21 +0000
From: "M. O'Neal" <moneal@library2.webster.edu>

Sorry - but I think actually timing your staff as to how long it takes
do checkin is unreasonable.  I agree some days everything goes smoothly
and other days are a nightmare.   If you have hired good people in the
first place trust goes a long way.  Until you have actually sat in the
checkin chair you have no idea what all can be involed in the checkin
process.

Mary

2)---------------------------------
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:48:16 -0500
From: Patricia Bennett <pbennett@nslsilus.org>

I have to agree with Susan.  With the number of missed, skipped, and
generality messed up volume numbers speed comes in second to accuracy.
But that's just my opinion.

Pat Bennett
Chief Periodicals Clerk                 phone   847.870.3667
Arlington Heights Memorial Library      fax     847.506.2636
500 N. Dunton Ave
Arlington Heights, IL 60004

4)---------------------------------
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:26:58 -0400
From: Deborah Harrell <dharrell@westga.edu>

Perhaps a better 'rate of return' might be number of pieces received
against number of pieces incorrectly received.  Our current system has a
report that we run after each checkin session.  It tells us how many
items
were received as well as gives us a listing of each.  We then check this
against the actual pieces and can see which ones need editing, didn't
get
completely checked in, whatever.

Our standards vary with the level of responsibility and ranges from 1%
5%.

Debbie Harrell
Ingram Library, State University of West Georgia
phone: 770-836-6498
fax: 770-836-6626