Re: Newspaper with double numbering (Karen Nadeski) Marcia Tuttle 19 Nov 1999 12:57 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 20:25:24 -0500
From: Karen Nadeski <k.nadeski@THE-SPA.COM>
Subject: Re: Newspaper with double numbering (Maija Cravens)

I would leave your 362 the way you have formatted it (but add a date (Nov.
13, 1999) to the alternative numbering) and then explain the seesaw
numbering of the Thursday and Saturday issues in a 515.

Karen Nadeski
k.nadeski@the-spa.com

Donahue Group, Inc.
Wethersfield, CT

----------
| Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:44:10 -0600
| From: Maija Cravens <mscravens@MAIL.SHSW.WISC.EDU>
| Subject: Newspaper with double numbering
|
| I'm cataloging a newspaper "Reedsburg report times-press" which was
formed
| by the union of "Reedsburg report" and "Reedsburg times-press". The paper
| is published twice a week.  The issue published on Thursdays continues
the
| numbering of the Report while the issue published on Saturdays continues
| the numbering of the Times-press.
|
| The CONSER Manual has an example ...
|
| 245 00  Gazette and courier.
| 362 0    Gazette vol. 49, no. 2579 (July 20, 1841)-June 24, 1932 =
Courier v. 4, no. 16-v. 93, no. 1.