Need advice about shifting (Jana Comerford) Marcia Tuttle 22 Nov 1999 11:51 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:42:27 -0600
From: Jana Comerford <jcomerford@MAIL.WTAMU.EDU>
Subject: Need advice about shifting

Hi, everyone. We are about to start a big shifting project and would
appreciate input from people who have experience in this area. We are
pulling and sending to storage the bound volumes that duplicate the
content we now have on the JStor database. This will leave large gaps on
our shelves, but the space is needed for newly bound volumes. No one in
the department has been through a major shift, and we would appreciate
hearing from people who found a way to accomplish large shifts in a
planned, organized way that keeps items evenly spaced and allows for
receipt of newly bound volumes. How did you do it, and is there anything
you would have done differently in retrospect? Thanks so much! Jana
Comerford, West Texas A&M University