FW: CSISAC December Programme Announcement - META-WHAT? (Virginia Roy) Marcia Tuttle 23 Nov 1999 15:14 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:53:17 -0500
From: Virginia Roy <royv@FAXON.CA>
Subject: FW: CSISAC December Programme Announcement -  META-WHAT?

CSISAC PROGRAMME ANNOUNCEMENT - December 1, 1999 - META-WHAT?

Do you think Dublin Core is...

a) An Irish heavy metal band?
b) A radical separatist group?
c) The centre of a Laura Secord chocolate?
d) An important metadata standard?

Is that your final answer?

You've heard about it. You know you should know what its all about. Now's
your chance to get an overview of metadata and learn why all information
professionals who organize and/or access internet and electronic resources
need to understand it.

Join us as we welcome our metadata experts:

Lynne Howarth, MLS, PhD,  Dean of the Faculty Of Information Studies,
University of Toronto.

Trina Richard MLS,  Catalogue Librarian at Ryerson Polytechnic University
Library.

Date:  Wednesday December 1, 1999
Time:  9:30 am - noon
Location : Metropolitan Toronto Reference Library, Beeton Auditorium
           789 Yonge Street, Toronto (Yonge, one block north of Bloor)

Cost:  CSISAC members - free
       Non-members - $10.00 (payable at the door).

Non-members may obtain their first year membership at the door, at the
discounted rate of $25.00. This entitles you to all roundtable programmes,
the CSISAC newsletter and free admission to our very popular CSISAC Spring
Forum.

Advance registration required!  Due to possible space constraints, current
members receive first priority for registration.

To register contact Virginia Roy at royv@faxon.ca or call 416-440-8900.

Virginia M. Roy MLS
National Marketing Manager
RoweCom Canada