Re: New statesman numbering (3 messages) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 11 Nov 1999 14:58 UTC

3 messages:

1)______

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:49:49 +1100
From: Stephen Lacey <slacey@NLA.GOV.AU>
Subject: Re: New statesman numbering (Lynne Stevens)

You may want to consider dropping the numbering from you database
completely.  We have found the numbering is too erratic to be useful so we
just use the dates.

Regards

Steve

2)______

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:01:54 +1300
From: Karen Warren <karen.warren@VUW.AC.NZ>

I attempted to contact the people at New Statesman back in early October
regarding us not receiving an issue numbered 4455. Unfortunately I have still
have yet to receive a reply to my query. My understanding of the issue numbering
however goes as:

    Sep 20th 1999 - 4454
    Sept 27th 1999 - 4456 (renumbered to 4455)
    Oct 4th 1999 - 4457 (renumbered to 4456)
    Oct 11th 1999 - 4458 (renumbered to 4457)
    Oct 18th 1999 - 4458
    Oct 25th 1999 - 4459

Karen Warren
Claims Assistant - Periodicals
The Library
Victoria University of Wellington
P.O. Box 3438
Wellington
NEW ZEALAND

3)______

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:34:03 -0500
From: Lynne Stevens <lstevens@RMWC.EDU>

Stephen Brasher of New Statesman was kind enough to reply promptly to my
inquiry.
They had skipped a number earlier, so duplicated one to compensate:
        Sep 20  no.4454
        Sep 27  no.4456  (should be 4455)
        Oct   4  no.4457  (should be 4456)
        Oct  11  no.4458  (should be 4457)
        Oct  28  no.4458  (correct)

Another of life's little mysteries solved.   ;-)