Re: Archiving newspapers (3 messages) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 11 Nov 1999 17:22 UTC

3 messages:

1)_____

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:50:16 -0500 (EST)
From: Deborah Harrell <dharrell@westga.edu>
Subject: Re: Archiving newspapers (Laura Vogler)

We get ours filmed at the University of Georgia.  They have a photographic
service center operated through the UGA Libraries.

The last invoice shows this:

        Library
        Photographic Services
        Athens, GA  30602-1641
        706-542-2131

They do our campus papers as well as local papers, and since this is a
"for profit" division, I would believe they would microfilm yours.

Debbie Harrell
Ingram Library, State University of West Georgia
phone: 770-836-6498
fax: 770-836-6626

2)______

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:54:21 -0600
From: Marcus Schlichter <MSchlichter@WSCGATE.WSC.EDU>

     Hi, Laura,

     You might contact your state historical society. The Nebraska State
     Historical Society microfilms our student newspaper and supplies us
     with a copy as part of a newspaper preservation project. I don't know
     if they have any such project going in Indiana, but it might be worth
     asking about.

     Marcus

     Marcus Schlichter
     Acquisitions Librarian
     Wayne State College
     1111 Main St.
     Wayne, NE 68787
     (402) 375-7266
     mschlich@wscgate.wsc.edu

3)_____

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:08:31 -0500
From: "Morrison, Mary" <mary.morrison@bellhowell.infolearning.com>

Dear Laura,

Bell & Howell Information & Learning (formerly UMI) still does contract
(i.e. for a fee) filming of newspapers. The person to contact is Theresa
Hilberer; her email address would be

Theresa.hilberer@bellhowell.infolearning.com
<mailto:Theresa.hilberer@bellhowell.infolearning.com>

and the phone number is