Re: Archiving newspapers (Carrie Ferm) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 12 Nov 1999 16:33 UTC

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:45:07 -0600
From: "Ferm, Carrie" <alicf@AUGUSTANA.EDU>
Subject: Re: Archiving newspapers (Laura Vogler)

Hello Laura,

We microfilm our college newspaper and have done this for many years.

We use  Heritage Microfilm
                1450 Boyson Road
                Hiawatha, IA  52233
                Phone:  888-870-0484
                Fax:  319-294-2677
                Email:  Heritage35@aol.com

The above information was from the invoice we received July 1998.

The charge $.0525 per page.  We had 992 pages for a cost of $52.08 this is
for the original filming.
35 mm Micorfilm Vesicular Duplicate was $33.00
Shipping and handling was $4.25  for a total of $89.33.

This is the base charge. Since our newspaper is small enough, I always put 3
years of newspapers on one reel.

I hope this helps you make the decision.

Carrie Ferm
Augustana College Library
Periodical Section
Rock Island, Il  61201

Phone:  (309)794-7316   Fax: (309) 794-7230