Re: Microfilm pricing (Ellen de Bruin) Marcia Tuttle 10 Dec 1999 16:30 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:25:35 -0500
From: Ellen de Bruin <debruine@CSHL.ORG>
Subject: Re: Microfilm pricing (3 messages)

I cannot even imagine the number of unhappy patrons I would have if we
tossed our microfilm.  I am a true supporter of the Electronic environment
but it would be ridiculous for me to think that microfilm is already
obsolete.  How many libraries are actually capable of scanning their
collections?  How many publishers are guaranteeing archiving?  How many
people have actually cancelled their print titles because of online
journals?  Not a lot.  Let the industry settle a little before you start
tossing the tried and true.