On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 9:32 PM Kurt Feltenberger <xxxxxx@thepaw.org> wrote:
On 6/19/2019 3:13 AM, Gottfried Neuner wrote:
> I have to say I love the concept of Firefly more than the actual
> execution. I feel like it has so much potential, but watching it
> somehow feels like a drag. Which is weird, because it technically is
> doing everything right for a good series.

The best, and worst, part of Firefly was Joss Whedon.  He's a good
storyteller, but he just took too long to develop the series and then
sprung all the stuff in Serenity on us with little explanation.

If only the splintering of the old TV studio system had come along just a little earlier and/or happened just a little bit faster/deeper. If Joss had created Firefly on a modern streaming platform we'd probably be in the middle of Season 17 now. :P

--
Richard Aiken

"Never insult anyone by accident."  Robert A. Heinlein
"I studied the Koran a great deal. I came away from that study with the conviction there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as Muhammed." Alexis de Tocqueville
"We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous." Dean Winchester (fictional monster hunter portrayed by Jensen Ackles)
"It has been my experience that a gun doesn't care who pulls its trigger." Newton Knight (as portrayed by Matthew McConaughey), to a scoffing Confederate tax collector facing the weapons held by Knight's young children and wife.