Hello Peter,

Thank you for the information from Donald McKinney's HG 3 documentation. As I mentioned to Scott Boyd I found another bit of paper with a notation that docking clamps had airlocks, but I forgot to include the information that the clamps are used for external loads.

I'm beginning to think that the bits I have probably came from another game that I might have been trying to import to Traveller. The problem is I have no clue of which game.

Thanks to everyone who has offered assistance and if it does exist in Traveller I hope either stumble upon the source or someone here will finally find the information.

Tom Rux
On February 9, 2020 at 12:04 AM "Peter Vernon - pvernon2001 at yahoo.com " <xxxxxx@simplelists.com> wrote:

I don't know if this is what your note was referring to, but it does seem to be in the ball park.
HG 3 pages 32 and 33:
SUBORDINATE CRAFT
Whenever a ship carries other ships, big craft or small craft, as part of its complement of vessels and
vehicles, provision must be made for hangars and launch facilities for them.
Required Fittings: Small craft (under 100 tons) require tonnage equal to 110% of their tonnage at a
cost of Cr2,000 per ton when carried on any ship massing 1,000 tons or less, or on any ship with hull
configuration 7 (irregular structure). On ships over 1,000 tons other than configuration 7, they require
tonnage equal to 130% of their mass at a cost of Cr2,000 per ton.
Big craft (100 and over, including very large ships 10,000 tons or higher) require tonnage equal to
110% of their tonnage at a cost of Cr2,000 per ton. Big craft require tonnage equal to 100% of their
tonnage when carried on ships with hull configuration 7 (irregular structure) at a cost of Cr2,000 per ton.
Vehicle Launch Facilities: Launch facilities must be provided for all ships and craft carried. Such
facilities are automatic with irregular structures (configuration 7), allowing all craft to be launched and
recovered in a single combat round.
Ordinary launch facilities (available at no cost or additional tonnage) allow one craft to be launched or
recovered per combat round per 10,000 tons of hull. Additional launch ports may be purchased, allowing
an additional single craft to be launched or recovered per combat round. Each additional launch port
requires tonnage equal to the largest craft using the port, at a cost of Cr2,000 per ton.
Launch tubes (requiring 25 times the tonnage of the largest craft to use the facility, at a cost of
Cr2,000 per ton) allow 40 craft to be launched or recovered per turn. A ship may be built with multiple
launch tubes to facilitate such operations.
Drop Capsules: Drop capsules are available as single-man small craft, capable of orbital insertion
and landing on planets from orbit. They may also be used as emergency lifeboats. Drop capsule launch
facilities may be installed on any vessel. Each launcher may launch 40 drop capsules in a combat round.
The drop capsule launch facility requires one hardpoint, 1 ton of space, costs Cr10,000, and stores 1
capsule. Additional launch-ready storage costs Cr1,000 per capsule stored and requires 0.5 tons of space
per capsule stored. Additional capsules may be stored as cargo at 0.5 tons each.

DROP CAPSULES AND FACILITIES
Facility TL Tons Cost (MCr)
Basic Drop Capsule 10 0.5 0.002
Assault Drop Capsule 11 0.5 0.010
High Survivability Capsule 12 0.5 0.050
Launcher (stores 1 capsule) 10 1.0 0.010
Launch-Ready Storage (per capsule) 10 0.5 0.001
There are three types of drop capsules: the basic capsule, the assault capsule and the highsurvivability
capsule. The basic capsule includes only the small personnel compartment and a basic
reentry package; it is used as an emergency lifeboat or for landings in areas without planetary defenses.
The assault capsule includes extensive ECM equipment and is armored against small weapons fire. The
high survivability capsule has similar ECM equipment, but releases a number of decoy capsules during its
descent, and is even more heavily armored; only high-energy weapons or field artillery point defense can
destroy these capsules.

SHIP'S VEHICLES
After weaponry has been selected, the auxiliary vehicles for the ship must be determined.
The various vehicles carried on board ship
are not included in the Universal Ship Profile.
Those vehicles carried should be adequately
described on the ship information form, or
reference made to a more complete description.
Tonnage within the ship must be allocated equal
to the tonnage of the vehicles carried (or empty
weapons bays used). Many of the vehicles shown
on the vehicle table are described in Traveller;
the costs appearing here should be used. Ship's
vehicles require tonnage (at no cost) equal to
their own mass within the hull.

SHIP’S VEHICLES
Description TL Tons Cost (MCr)
Wheeled ATV 6 10 0.03
Wheeled AFV 6 10 0.07
Tracked ATV 6 10 0.03
Tracked AFV 6 10 0.07
Hovercraft 7 8 0.20
Air/Raft 8 4 0.60
Prospector’s Buggy 8 4 0.75
Speeder 8 6 1.00
GCarrier 8 8 1.00

Ammunition is the section before this and Crew is the section after it.

Peter V.

On Sunday, February 9, 2020, 12:13:15 AM MST, Brett Kruger <xxxxxx@kruger.id.au> wrote:

Mongoose High Guard 1e has a section on docking clamps on page 45 if that helps.

Brett

I'll use Outlook for Android until something better comes along!