It isn't dead yet. ;)

It did languish. I think that whole issue with the rights from all the MT/DGP stuff and He Who Shall Remain Nameless really created a situation where nobody could build on that work. TNE was both a chance to do something very fresh (whatever else it was, it was fresh and arguably Brilliant Lances was the best starship combat system for any version of Traveller although Mayday was decent for small ships) and very much stepping away from the whole MT corpus and the Rebellion era (to something maybe not much better, but....).

It's funny how people see extended generation. My group always wanted it and people chose careers that had it over those that didn't (or asked me to create it). They liked the detail, the larger amount of meta-game (chargen) that they could use to connect to their character.

TomB

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 11:04 AM Phil Pugliese - philpugliese at yahoo.com (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com> wrote:
On 04Jun2020 1941, Phil Pugliese - philpugliese at yahoo.com (via tml list) wrote:

> Agreed....
>
> DGP did a great job when they introduced their 'task' system to CT (
> thereby creating what some have termed T1.5) but they really, really
> screwed up w/ MT.

On Thursday, June 4, 2020, 04:29:18 AM MST, Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

I quite liked chargen (not the advanced, but I didn't like that in CT
either), and ground combat. MT was quite reasonable aside from having so
much errata, IMO.

How long did that take?

How many years?

That's where Trav 'died'. IMO.

But I kept the faith & hung in there until the final dagger, TNE!