This one also made me recall I have access to two Ground Zero Games Stargrunt II -> Traveller conversions (one more focused on simply fitting Traveller to SG2, another more focused on modifying SG2 to preserve some of the power ratios in Traveller more closely).

For Mercenary work, the SG2 rule set is pretty good (esp for TL 7 to 12 as long as you don't need vast amounts of flying tanks and so on - it is a platoon to company sized infantry-focused game). And the rule set is available for free on the ground zero games UK website if I'm not mistaken (it was anyway).

Those conversion rules, plus some Merc tickets, might make a fun package for a future FT for Jeff. I even wrote some rules for either SG or a similar mechanic set of skirmish rules to handle both Imperial Marines and Zho Commandos and their psi powers.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 12:31 PM Timothy Collinson - timothy.collinson at port.ac.uk (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com> wrote:
It was good.  Even a non-military brain like mine could follow it and take inspiration from it.

Cheers

tc

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020, 16:56 , <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
It came to me thinking about low berths... ;)

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020, 06:03 Jeff Zeitlin, <xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com> wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 05:16:39 -0400, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

>Setting:
>Planet, TL-7, regressed from about 10 after a heck of a war 40 years ago.
>Most of the atmospheric damage is gone, a lot of the casualties have yet to
>be replaced (the population dropped to about 25% of its original).

Snarfed for future use...

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2020. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to

http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=RDHE7iRpfwqlHvVvWBIhpJZsbTiD5NnL