I was going to answer that (this was my first thought too) but Leonard indicated no hardware. I thought Jump Start caches had hardware.

(I also thought, having recently read a bunch of Morrow Project, that I might be confusing memories)

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 7:15 AM Jeff Zeitlin <xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com> wrote:
On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 01:29:56 -0700, "shadow at shadowgard.com wrote:

>Many years back there were a number of discussions about a
>standardized package (packages) deeveloped to allow a world to
>upgrade from their current TL to a higher one. Info only, not
>hardware (unless you count the reader for the data package)
>
>Supposdedly developed after the Long Night...
>
>Anyway, I can't recall what we called them. Any other old timers
>remember them?

I seem to remember this coming up in connection with TNE; the name that
sticks in my head was "Jumpstart".

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2020. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=RDHE7iRpfwqlHvVvWBIhpJZsbTiD5NnL