LOL, Reminds me of an episode of 'Judge Judy' I once happened upon;

Judge Judy;
"We all know teenagers lie. How can you tell when they're lying? Their mouths are open!"

On Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 12:41:42 PM MST, xxxxxx@gmail.com <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

The rule to remember with anyone in a position of power that can be obtained by a popularity contest or by Machiavellian manipulation is: How can you tell they are lying? Their lips are moving. And they'll sell your mother to the organ-legger for 5 Credits.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 9:04 AM shadow at shadowgard.com (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com> wrote:
On 8 Jun 2020 at 1:54, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

>     When checking out the cargo, Badass-Moustache channeled Sir
>     Humphrey Appleby - a load of complete bollocks worthy of the Home
>     Civil Service about the folding tanks being necessitated by the
>     ship's refit (they'll be gone once we have enough boodle, take
>     them out and carry a decent cargo).  Rolling boxcars (and
>     reducing other players + GM to helpless laughter as he roleplayed
>     it with a straight face) helped.
>
> Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister could probably fit as a
> caricature of other governments than the UK. (Although some might be
> culturally less familiar with understatement and straight faced
> sarcasm)

And House of Cards and its sequels are useful in potraying a rather
different sort of government.

PCs are *really* going to regret any encounters with Francis Urquhart
types...
--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com

-----
To unsubscribe from this list please go to
http://archives.simplelists.com

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=ckeZ4SpMkTqj0RuowdhoVbpeCyPfxFia