It could have thrusters and perhaps a gyro. A lot is left unstated (but easily plausible) in earlier construction systems and some stuff is still not really covered fully (like the fact the 'nature' of your ship doesn't affect your real-space engine performance when we know darn well that mass would be a factor in acceleration - an engine set should produce a particular amount of thrust, that and the mass should determine the acceleration).

And I'm not sure that with the different generations of ship construction (that went with different game versions) that many things differ enough that this X-boat system should have been revisited when construction systems were (the concept and limits/average speeds could have been maintained with some missing bits filled in).

It would be interesting to see how Marc views the entry into jumpspace, the relationship of an entry vector to the end location of jump and/or your exit vector from jump space, how risky jump space entry should be, and whether if he was revisiting X-boats, whether they ought to have some thruster, whether a pilot is necessary (for any sort of jump entry), etc.

That might, of course, invite yet another version that is not quite similar to any other...

Such musings sometimes remind me of the arguments over versions of the Bible and inclusions, exclusions and the changes to meaning that have happened based on translation...

If Traveller teaches us nothing else, it is that there are many views on any subject and the truth is often a decision for the beholder to make their own.

Tom

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 4:46 AM Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

On 13Jun2020 2037, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:
> If the X-boat has no maneuver drive, what would you do if the ship was
> 'pointed the wrong direction'?
I assume it's got some attitude thrusters or a gyro.

--
Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com>

-----