I was trying a different but challenging similar challenge: to find a way to make ship sheets for TNE brilliant lances from MT and CT ships  I liked the detail in brilliant lances.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020, 18:17 Evyn Gutierrez, <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

On May 25, 2020, at 19:53, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

>In High Guard, if I recall, agility (or maybe emergency agility, but then again if I'm in trouble, isn't all agility emergency agility?) was calculated from excess power and in MT perhaps as well. In some versions of the game, you got to sometimes substitute your pilot level (but others did not seem to do that).
>
>It always felt odd to me to see the 60K dTon cruisers having high agility and your small traders and whatnot having less (unless you could count pilot skill and ignore your hardware because even a crappy trader could have a pilot-4 or 5 if they were very fortunate).

Ok, besides agility in Book 5 size also is taken into account. Note that Book 5 is really based on a larger scale of ships than your average PCs get. I.e.. 1000 dtons rather than 100 dtons.

I will admit I have spent a lot of time deconstructing books 2&5s construction systems.

My big issue is how to handle book5's armor under book 2/mayday rules. My current idea is to treat armor as ablative each turn.

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=RDHE7iRpfwqlHvVvWBIhpJZsbTiD5NnL