MT Referee's Manual p65

Fuel Volume at TL 9 to 16: x 5 (67 5 k~lollters per jump unit)
Jump units for 100 ton ship:
Jump 1: 2
Jump 2: 3
Jump 3: 4
Jump 4: 5
Jump 5: 6
Jump 6: 7

Jump one = 10 dTons
Jump two = 15 dTons
Jump three = 20 dTons
Jump four = 25 dTons
Jump five = 30 dTons
Jump six = 35 dTons

So, in MT, it was not 10%, 20%, etc.  (So your MT J-4 X-boat could get away with 25% of ship tonnage as jump fuel, vs. 40% in CT)

It was 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, etc.

Unless I missed an errata which repaired this... and which I have not seen in the errata doc.

That's a nit-pick. Just want what the book says to be accurately represented.

===

I like the idea of using a half a J-1's fuel allotment for an in-system jump. I suppose if you wanted them to be encouraged, you could get a rough idea of what fraction of a parsec was involved and charge them a pro-rated % accordingly, but that would make in-system jumps a pretty common thing.

===

Odd fact:

Looking in the Consolidated Errata, they talk about construction times for starships
100 tons -> 40 weeks
Mods:
If the ship is eligible for the 80% 'not new' design mod for price, add +25% to weekly construction.
If you allocate double shipyard tonnage, +40% to weekly construction
For every 10% of weekly cost you pay, get +10% to weekly construction

Note the distinct absence of a qualification of how much you can actually pay at a maximum for ship construction.

Conclusion: Under these rules, if you have gobs of money, you can build the 40 week Scout in 1 week.

40 weeks -> to 1 week would need to have a 4000% construction rate, so +3835% increase so you'd pay nearly 40x the cost of the scout to do it, but the rules seem to permit this.

Suggestion: There should be some sort of practical limit to how fast you can accelerate construction stated in the rules as a clarification.

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 11:17 PM Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

On 05Jul2020 1159, Evyn Gutierrez wrote:

> Have y'all ever considered using 5% jump fuel for in system jumps?

I did back when I was using TNE, which uses the same progression as MT
for jump fuel (10%, 15%, 20%...), but I never implemented it.

Currently I use 5% per jump number, because that works out well with the
ship rules I'm using (GURPS Spaceships).

--
Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com>

-----