Well, yeah. If you can fix it for the highest launch speeds, it ought to apply even more easily to the med and high vel guns.

Either all guns TL7+ should have no shifts or the TL7 'no shifts' is bogus. I think you've sold me it is bogus.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 11:03 PM Ethan McKinney <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
It simply doesn't make sense that the problems could be solved for Hypervelocity guns, but not High Velocity or Medium Velocity guns.

No. Sense. At. All.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 7:50 PM <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
I figured it was 'Hypervels become available at TL-6, aren't too good nor is their ammo, by TL-7, they fix all that' but unless they assume a much more capable round architecture than we've come up with, it would be a big gain and it does seem pretty darn good.

Mind you, make a TL-15 version of the 120mm and Hyper V and you get:
HE: (off chart, extrapolated) 25/5/5
KEAP: 46
HEAP: 44

There are some interesting dynamics between the straight out bonuses (+X) vs. counting up/down rows (dependent on the chart and the HEAP penetration capability growth peters out in the very largest guns).

Maybe something fair might be Up 2 or 3 for TL-7. (Or maybe some brilliant Vilani scientist came up with a solution that is classified...)

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 10:06 PM Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

On 13Jul2020 1152, Ethan McKinney wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that the TL 7+ hypervelocity no shift for HEAP is just
> wrong.
It does seem rather excessively good.

--
Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com>

-----

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to

http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=RDHE7iRpfwqlHvVvWBIhpJZsbTiD5NnL