Hi Evyn,

Thank you for your reply and that officers can been at Captain's Mast on the wrong side of the Green table. I was onboard a boat that was involved in an underwater collision that had the CO, Officer of the Watch, Navigator, and Quarter Master of the Watch relieved. When the dusted had settled the Quarter Master of the Watch who had just been promoted to the rank of E-5 was reduced back to E-4. The CO was placed in charge of a squadron and no longer eligible for promotion. I don't know what happened to the Navigator or the Officer of the Watch.

Tom Rux
On 07/27/2020 7:38 PM Evyn Gutierrez <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

On July 27, 2020, at 06:09, Thomas RUX <xxxxxx@comcast.net> wrote:

>I was an NCO and never saw an officer go to Captain's Mast so my comments are probably OTL.
>
>My impression is that an officer can not have their commission revoked but there will be a strong suggestion that the offender resign their commission. In theory the officer can be busted in pay grade/rank, however the more likely course of action would be they would be barred from further promotions and not allowed to re-enlist.

I have seen a Captain's Mast for a Zero. As they are conducted by Wardroom officers enlisted would never see them. Unless they were on the Admirals staff acting as the Master at Arms. ( Enlisted outside of said Zero's command). And it is rare as most things that gig a Zero will go to court instead of a Mast.

A big part of this that case has to stand up in court as well as a congressional hearing. As all commissioned officers are by act of Congress.

Also it is considered very bad form to dress down a commissioned officer in front of the enlisted.

In the USN life as a Zero and life as a grunt are very different. One of the reasons Mavericks are such hardasses. While Warrant Officers aren't. (Hint there are No ring-knocker warrants, though they probably get along well with your Master Chief)

Note this all comes from NavSpecWar Coxswain who got tagged with 18 months Tad to staff. The driver was Marine Sniper

Evyn

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=zZOCJCw2BI9jPrGTB4OJoibiHbbTEiok