In the US Army it used to be called 'Company Punishment'.

On Saturday, July 25, 2020, 09:53:58 AM MST, <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

Administrative punishment (vs. a legal proceeding) if I understand correctly. It's not something you want to face. I believe it exists so that crews can deal with bad choices without having to leave too much of a permanent mark in somebody's personnel jacket.

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 12:09 PM Alex Goodwin <xxxxxx@multitel.com.au> wrote:

On 26/7/20 12:03 am, Thomas RUX wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> During my time in the USN 1975-1995 we did not legally have booze
> onboard except for a bit held by the corpsman. I've got a cousin who
> is currently serving in the USN and from what he tells me the policy
> is still enforce.
>
> Of course, more often than not someone will have a go at making an
> alcoholic beverage. Getting caught making the booze or bring any
> onboard is going to result in the very least a Captain's mast.
>
> Tom Rux

Tom,

What does "Captain's mast" translate to?  An official bollocking?

Alex

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to

http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=ckeZ4SpMkTqj0RuowdhoVbpeCyPfxFia