Oh sure but it almost sounded as though you were suggesting that if Gen Haig walked in with a french-canadian interpreter , Marshal Foch and his staff would refuse to speak to him!

On Monday, July 27, 2020, 03:18:31 AM MST, Jeff Zeitlin <xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com> wrote:

Oh, unquestionably. But _never_ underestimate the power of national pride
to throw a wrench into the works. It's not generally something that's
focussed on, but if you read some of the detailed histories of some WWII
Allied operations, you'll see that some of them might have been derailed if
one ally or the other hadn't backed off from insisting that one of _their_
generals be in overall command.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=ckeZ4SpMkTqj0RuowdhoVbpeCyPfxFia