I've found several source I can get the dual-booklet "The Compleat Starport/Starport Landfall" from for about $30-35 US after shipping.

Along the way, I discovered Star Quest games has a whole *line* of supplements for Traveller (about the same costs per ancient copy) that are adventures I've *never even heard of* despite at one point thinking I had 99% of everything CT or MT (I spent enough on E-bay to get it too). I knew I didn't have all the zines because they were all over the place but I had never even heard of Star Quest games and it was putting out among other things J. Andrew Keith work. I don't know how they never came to my attention. To my knowledge, there aren't even PDFs illicitly circulating of a bunch of this stuff.

https://www.bonanza.com/items/like/714615000/The-Compleat-Starport-Special-Delivery-Traveller-RPG-Adventure-Supplement

That's a page that shows a lot of what's out there that I'd never even knew existed.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 2:38 PM Frank Filz <xxxxxx@mindspring.com> wrote:

Ok, I think there is some overlap with Starport Planetfall on Apocrypha III.

I want to say I’ve seen some of the information at least one other place, but a quick search isn’t finding it. It could be in the MegaTraveller Starship Operator’s Manual from DGP. The might be some in the STP-002 Starports! Fan document. There could be a version floating around on the web somewhere.

Frank

From: xxxxxx@simplelists.com [mailto:xxxxxx@simplelists.com] On Behalf Of xxxxxx@gmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 8:23 AM
To: The Traveller Mailing List <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
Subject: Re: [TML] ISO Far & Away fanzine volume 1 by Pacific Rim Publishing or The Compleat Starport by Star Quest Games

Hmmm.... Have to check if I can locate the CDs from Marc. I may have one or both apocrypha CDs.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020, 02:25 Frank Filz, <xxxxxx@mindspring.com> wrote:

I actually have the magazine. I think the supplement is on one of the CD-ROMs. Maybe Apocrypha III. The supplement is more detailed if I recall. I’ll have a look tomorrow.

Frank

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 11, 2020, at 8:58 PM, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

In looking at the Starport MK002 supplement, I saw Jeff Zeitlin's name in the credits and at the bottom of the credits, I saw "The Compleat Starpot" (Judges Guild).

A little research tells me "The Compleat Starport" was a J.Andrew Keith supplement and that an article of the same name appeared and took up at least 6 pages in "Far & Away" fanzine issue 01 (April 1990 publication). I do not know how many pages the Keith supplement was as it is the ONLY one I am aware of that I do not own (I chased the others through ebay a while back).

Pacific Rim Publishing appears to be advertising a single copy of Far & Away for $20 (paper).

I suspect the Keith supplement may be meatier (and expansion of the article?).

Anyone actually have this old and hard to find supplement or the fanzine?

TomB

--

“The only stable state is the one in which all men are equal before the law.” ― Aristotle

-----

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to

http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=RDHE7iRpfwqlHvVvWBIhpJZsbTiD5NnL