On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 at 16:43, Alex Goodwin <xxxxxx@multitel.com.au> wrote:

On 26/8/20 1:16 am, Timothy Collinson - timothy.collinson at port.ac.uk
(via tml list) wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 at 16:04, Alex Goodwin
> <xxxxxx@multitel.com.au <mailto:xxxxxx@multitel.com.au>>
> wrote:
>

>     What, did Sublieutenant Collinson crash-land a dread-only-Collinson a
>     few months ago?
>

> I can only aspire to the giddy heights of Sublieutenantness.  I'd have
> probably been busted back to rating for mutiny.

I was referring to your altered ego, where if a vehicle flies (don't ask
about that hang glider), "Collision" Collinson can crash it to the level
of a good landing (ie, you can walk away).  According to scuttlebutt,
he's yet to manage a great landing (where you can use the unfortunate
vehicle again).

The Patrician of Demolition had a cameo in the final session of PA:VT.

Ah yes.  It all comes flo... leaking back to me.

Too much holiday.  I really switched "off" in my folly.  Didn't look at email.  Read 4 or 5 books.  Slept a lot.

However, I also managed some writing.  You may or may not be pleased to know that I managed over 10,000 words of The Traveller Adventure.  It mostly seemed to be about toilet rolls.  I'm not sure anyone is *ever* going to want to read it but I felt like I'd made progress.  (Oh, and a Confession for Jeff.)

Second, from what little I understand, commissioned officers don't get
dropped back to other ranks.

You're probably right.  What I don't know about the military could be written in several very large volumes.

imprisoned for the term of their natural;

Now, as it happens, having finished my chapter of Moby Dick a day for lockdown, I thought I'd move on to something equally epic/classic and am now 21 days (no!  not already!) into The Count of Monte Cristo.  I've only ever seen the film before.  I can see why it's classic and shame on me for only getting to it this late in life.  But Dantes has just escaped from the Chateau d'If where he was imprisoned, without trial, for the rest of his natural life...

(The snag with CoMC for a 'chapter a day' vs Moby Dick is that only once or twice in the latter was I tempted to read on past my chapter.  Dumas is much more compelling...)

shot, court-martialled, and then sent to the Nusku Front;

yes, but not busted back to the ranks.

OK, will try and remember that for when it comes up in a game.  Some great options there, btw.  I might save them as a d6 table!

cheers

tc