Is the "0 to 150" in the text for all Types, or specifically for Type A?

+4 mod for minimum 10% (sensible for Type A), there's a cap at 150% for everything (you can't cram more on the field).

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020, 12:29 <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
Tim R,

What are the modifiers for the other starports from B to E or X if given?

It could be the +4 makes sense for a class A and 150% ought to be 160%.

Rationales/Cases:
- trade growth suddenly
- nearby main or key route unavailable
- refugees
- pilgrimage
- no funding to build out
- discovery in system that requires or offers good reason for more merchie traffic
- real airports often require long pattern waits vs immediate landing
- one efficiency for highport : require docking/unloading)undock within 6 hour window, ships undock, deal by comms, dockagain for pickup... Means each pad/bay has 4 slots per day

Systems on Starships and Spaceships are all built w same construction systems. Only difference is Jump Drive. So Starship yard can repair Spaceships.

What you clipped says Spaceship yards have don't automatically get to repair jump drives, but rather there is a test based on a (not reproduced here) table. I believe that aligns with what you understood.

TomB

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020, 12:19 Alex Goodwin, <xxxxxx@multitel.com.au> wrote:

On 3/9/20 1:59 am, Thomas RUX wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working my way through J. Andrew Keith's Complete Starport
> Supplementary Material for MT published in Far & Away No. 1 April 1990
> pp. 20-25.
>
> I am putting together a spreadsheet to automate the process and I have
> gotten to the Repairs and Maintenance. During the build I've found one
> possible bit of errata and I need some help figuring out part of
> Repairs and Maintenance instructions.
>
> Errata:
> Traffic: "Traffic at a given starport is found by making a 2D6 die
> roll, applying a modifier given for the port type in question,and
> multiplying the result by 10. The result is a percentage of the berths
> at the port (from 0% to 150%) currently filled by available traffic.
>
> On the Starport Contents Table a Port Type A has a Traffic DM of +4.
> If the 2D6 roll is 12 and the Port type is A DM is +4 then the
> percentage of berths filled is 16 x 10 = 160%. The DM for a Port Type
> A should be 3 versus 4 which will then  agree with the (from 0% to 150%).

Da Famous Tom R,

I see your argument for the +3 DM on consistency grounds.  On upside,
that port _must_ be busy to fill more than 100% of its berths.

> Instructions:
> "Repairs and Maintenance: ...A port which can provide Starship
> Construction is automatically able to provide any type of repairs for
> any shipboard system. If a port is able to provide Spaceship
> Construction, all systems except Jump Drive are automatically
> repairable at any level; use the table to determine if Jump Drive
> repairs are possible..."
>
> Can a port with a Starship Construction facility provide repairs to
> spaceships?
>
> My feeling is that a Starship Construction facility can repair all
> spaceship shipboard systems.
>
> Can a Spaceship Construction facility provided repair to the jump
> drive provided it can pass the required target number from the
> Starport Contents Table on 2D6?
>
> Tom Rux

From what you've quoted, a starshipyard can repair _any_ shipboard
system, _without qualification_ as to whether it's installed aboard a
starship or spaceship (or small craft for that matter) - so yes,
starshipyards can fix spaceships.  Whether a given starshipyard takes
the work itself or palms the vessel off to a spaceshipyard in system
would be a matter for the GM.

Again from what you've quoted, I'd say yes - making the roll means the
spaceshipyard in question can role-play as a starshipyard for the
duration of the repair job.  The question is then begged - why isn't the
yard in question officially a starshipyard?

Alex

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to

http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=9bp4560nfLEl415c1wdd7pXo4kjjzsiC