Sorry Kurt, I'm writing this as hard SF, not a space opera.

Les

From: Kurt Feltenberger <kurt@thepaw.org>
To: tml@simplelists.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:24 AM
Subject: Re: [TML] Request

On 7/29/2014 4:30 AM, Leslie Bates (via tml list) wrote:

As part of my current literary project my characters are staging a press conference where they announce that a neutron star will pass through the Solar System and that protagonist is designing a sublight starship to escape from the disaster.

As reporters what could be your questions.

Les

If the ship is only sublight, then how will it effectively save anyone given that it will still most likely be within the system or at the very most, close enough for it not to matter?

--
Kurt Feltenberger
kurt@thepaw.org/kfeltenberger@yahoo.com