Might try somewhere outside Imperial space in Gateway Domain. All sorts of trouble happening in the area between the Imperial, Hiver, and K'Kree borders.

Doug Grimes

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy TabĀ®4

-------- Original message --------
From: Knapp <magick.crow@gmail.com>
Date: 06/14/2015 1:59 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: tml@simplelists.com
Subject: Re: [TML] Where should this take place?

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Richard Aiken <raikenclw@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Knapp <magick.crow@gmail.com> wrote:
Still the question remains, what planet in Traveller would let these parties fight and still remain canonical.

If you're talking about any old humans fighting Ithklur, then you could just pick a suitable [e,g. currently existing merely as a set of randomly-generated string of numbers] world along the Hiver borders and let it just happen to be one of the forty-odd human seeded-by-the-Ancients homeworlds.

But if you're talking about it being *Imperial* humans fighting Ithklur, then I think you're out of luck. I'm pretty sure it's canon that the Empire and the Hiver Federation (and thus the Ithklur who weren't jump capable prior to Hiver contact) have never been in direct conflict.

--
Richard Aiken

Yes, and the Zhodani as well but the Imperial involvement is hidden/secret. Guess I will just write it noncanon.

Thanks.

--

Douglas E Knapp
-----