In fact, it changes the way the US Government considers use of troops, i.e. Constitutional vs Administration-specific (i.e. President-elect)
My naivety was in making just one assumption, that all military officers remember that time when they were second lieutenants taking the oath.

Greg

On 23 June 2015 at 05:20, William Ewing (via tml list) <nobody@simplelists.com> wrote:
This email was sent from yahoo.com which does not allow forwarding of emails via email lists. Therefore the sender's email address (dw_ewing@yahoo.com) has been replaced with a dummy one.

From: Kurt Feltenberger <kurt@thepaw.org>
To: tml@simplelists.com
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2015 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TML]Question

On 6/21/2015 10:23 PM, Greg Chalik wrote:

I think the idea is its own merit.

So in other words, you're a dilettante with no real experience in military theory, no education in military theory, and are pretty much someone sending in an unsolicited paper that essentially says, "You're stupid and don't know what you're doing, despite all your experience, advisers, and hands on knowledge...but I'm here to save you."

If you were someone trying to get my company to change how it's doing things and had your same level of background, and your attitude, I'd probably bin the document, too.

--
Kurt Feltenberger

I've known for most of my career that the upper staff pukes didn't know what they were doing, and were pulling it out of their ass. He MAY have something; stranger things have happened. OTOH, his lack of relevant background certainly explains their refusal to consider it, and comes across as arrogance.
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to listmom@travellercentral.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=JydxSB9tZc6TS63HiAHJcg6SAwighNGJ