On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 3:24 AM, Tim <xxxxxx@little-possums.net> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 07:45:38PM -0400, Jonathan Clark wrote:
> - Neutronium. [...] Loss of the stabilizing field leads to loss of
> the blade by usually fairly major explosion

This doesn't sound like anything you would want a bodyguard to have
anywhere near you.

- Tim
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@travellercentral.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=CKGWeUlXNVzOv9Ey6KwqX8aXjeTXlVSV

Hmmm . . .

I *thought* I had commented on this.

But it doesn't seem to have gotten sent . . . so . . .

Maybe (a la Star Trek) make it give a warning tone, as overload approaches?

Plus a "safety" feature that focuses the blast (once this is unavoidable) into a rough cone . . .

Which would - of course - mean that enterprising PCs would rig them as one-shot blasters . . .

Which is okay. I've got no objection to PCs [literally] blowing credits on expensive disposable weapons.

--
Richard Aiken

"Never insult anyone by accident."  Robert A. Heinlein
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." - Bill Cosby
"We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous." Dean Winchester