Sounds like a PR nightmare to me...

Early reports indicate that a bodyguard in the party of Duke X'qrtubl was struck by an assassin's bullet intended for the Duke during the Grand Progress held earlier today in the capital district. Thanks to her armor, the bodyguard was only stunned by the impact. However, her vibrosword was also damaged in the attack, and moments later suffered containment field collapse, sending a burst of high-energy neutrons and plasma into the close-packed crowd. Seven bystanders are confirmed dead at this time, with another twenty injured, five critically.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Richard Aiken <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 3:24 AM, Tim <xxxxxx@little-possums.net> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 07:45:38PM -0400, Jonathan Clark wrote:
> - Neutronium. [...] Loss of the stabilizing field leads to loss of
> the blade by usually fairly major explosion

This doesn't sound like anything you would want a bodyguard to have
anywhere near you.

- Tim
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@travellercentral.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://archives.simplelists.com

Hmmm . . .

I *thought* I had commented on this.

But it doesn't seem to have gotten sent . . . so . . .

Maybe (a la Star Trek) make it give a warning tone, as overload approaches?

Plus a "safety" feature that focuses the blast (once this is unavoidable) into a rough cone . . .

Which would - of course - mean that enterprising PCs would rig them as one-shot blasters . . .

Which is okay. I've got no objection to PCs [literally] blowing credits on expensive disposable weapons.

--
Richard Aiken

"Never insult anyone by accident."  Robert A. Heinlein
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." - Bill Cosby
"We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous." Dean Winchester
-----
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=PltOdItWBSgOP4y0Q6abkGbDI1eus0lz

--
Craig Berry (http://google.com/+CraigBerry)
"Eternity is in love with the productions of time." - William Blake