How many of the crew would select a course in extraImperium linguistics? It seems to me this line of thinking is what created C3PO.

Greg

On 12/02/2016 8:20 AM, "Bruce Johnson" <xxxxxx@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2016, at 1:57 PM, Greg Chalik <mrg3105@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A warship AI may have the functionality to decipher languages, but would it have a function to teach?

Absolutely. 90% of non-combat time on a ship is maintenance and drills; and drills would necessarily cover all of the functions of a ship people have to learn it somehow, and simulations would be very important for this.

Also, time in jump would likely be spent on a host of learning activities for the crew: training for different positions, advancement, promotions, OCS,etc etc.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=JydxSB9tZc6TS63HiAHJcg6SAwighNGJ