Hello Kelly St. Clair,

I have to agree to a certain extent, however since when does fiction always pass the common sense test.

Tom R

From: "Kelly St. Clair" <xxxxxx@efn.org>
To: "TML" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 9:36:04 AM
Subject: Re: Jump Fuel (was Re: [TML] Instant city)

Most of the attempted explanations/handwaves for "what do they DO with
all that H2?" run into the problem that, if one accepts [hypothesis],
there's almost always some way to "fuel" a jump which is MUCH superior
to lugging around a substantial fraction of the ship's volume in LHyd.
"Breaking" that arbitrary rule has significant second-order effects on
military capabilities, merchant traffic and economics, etc etc.

There comes a point, IMO, where a whole lot of Traveller becomes
indefensible and inexplicable by anything short of outright fiat:  "This
is what the rules say, so this is how we're playing it, even though it
makes no #%()in' sense."