Hello Richard Aiken,

I need to make a slight correction after finding my CT Alien Module 8 Darrians. Module 8 p. 16 indicates that the Darrians use of anti-matter fuelled power plants was just getting started when they accidental made their sun extremely unstable causing the Maghiz.

The point is that the anti-matter fuel was being used by the power plant and the jump drive still needed hydrogen to operate.

Tom R

From: "Richard Aiken" <xxxxxx@gmail.com>
To: "TML" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 7:17:37 PM
Subject: Re: Jump Fuel (was Re: [TML] Instant city)

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 8:55 PM, Craig Berry <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
The Jump Bubble explanation is the one that comes closest to both making some kind of sense, and being canonical. It's contradicted by Darrian antimatter ships and the Annic Nova. But I'm happy to eject those from canon to make things work reasonably.

I just assume that those cases use force fields to maintain an immaterial jump bubble (force fields - other than white and black globes - being beyond Imperial tech levels).

In fact, I recall positing a long time back that the reason black globes make such inefficient damage shields is that they weren't intended to be those at all. They were only intended to function as immaterial jump bubbles. :)

--
Richard Aiken

"Never insult anyone by accident."  Robert A. Heinlein
"I studied the Koran a great deal. I came away from that study with the conviction there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as Muhammed." Alexis de Tocqueville (1843)
"We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous." Dean Winchester
"It has been my experience that a gun doesn't care who pulls its trigger." Newton Knight (as portrayed by Matthew McConaughey), to a scoffing Confederate tax collector facing the weapons held by Knight's young children and wife.
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=zZOCJCw2BI9jPrGTB4OJoibiHbbTEiok