As I said, list consensus. You were part of that. :) We seem to have converged pretty quickly on "misjump from a losing battle" as the easiest way to explain how a Tigress would get sufficiently lost to have time to become the hub of a medieval-tech society.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 8:50 PM, <tmr0195@comcast.net> wrote:
Hello again Craig Berry,

On Feb 11, was when I chimed in guessing that the ship had miss-jumped. My back tracking looks like the guess may have been the first, of course I probably missed an earlier posting.

Tom R

From: "Craig Berry" <xxxxxx@gmail.com>
To: "TML" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2016 8:05:36 PM

Subject: Re: [TML] Instant city

That came up by consensus on the list as we tried to work backward to find a set of circumstances under which a Tigress might become lost and stay that way for long enough to create the situation described.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 7:59 PM, <tmr0195@comcast.net> wrote:
Hello Craig Berry,
Here is the initial post:

"I was just thinking of a tigress falling onto a low tech planet with power plants running and a hose into some local water to keep it that way. Maybe after the crash landing and before the crew died of some poison from the ship they managed to get it all running and set up. So then the natives find it and turn it into the ultimate city.

Have not thought further but thought it might be a good adventure seed idea.

Love to hear where you would take it.

--
Douglas E Knapp, MSAOM, LAc."

I can not find any indication that the Tigress-Class Dreadnaught miss-jumped during wartime. Of course there is no mention of how the ship got to the system that the low tech planet she crash landed on. I think I may have started the idea of a miss-jump.

Tom R