The amount of repairs a warship can make to itself is limited by the design intent.
Are Imperim's warships designed for self-repair?
Even so, a misjump can't really be 'repaired'.
Its a fundamantal failure of the system design as a whole to escape its environment...space from which it can not perform another jump.
It seems to me that this would be something engineers and scientists would be working to solve on from the point of invention of the Jump technology, and for all my immagination I cannot conceive of a universe where technology has not been designed to offer a way out of such an eventuality.
However, it seems to me that following a misjump what the ship will lack is fuel, assuming a misjump will consume 100% of stored fuel.
But, space is full of potential fuels, though perhaps not as efficient as purpose-designed fuels.
So I'd say that the SOP would be to deploy massive scoops to start accumulating that matter to serve as fuel.
Since hydrogen is the most abundant element in space, and judiciously is the canon jump fuel in liquid form.
It seems to me then that the SOP for ANY ship in misjump is to
1. Deploy hydrogen scoops
2. when there is a sufficient quantity scooped, commence operation of the hydrogen liquifier converion unit (HLCU)
3. When the HLCU has acheived sufficient volume, commence transfer to fuel tanks
4. When there is enough liquid hydrogen in the fuel tanks, try for another jump.

Is there a problem with this?

Greg

On 17 February 2016 at 10:44, Tim <xxxxxx@little-possums.net> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 03:16:11PM -0800, Craig Berry wrote:
> Also, factor into your "indefinitely" that even at TL15, systems need
> maintenance (including swapping in replacements for worn-out components),

I'm presuming that the ship has a well-equipped TL15 engineering
section, and can make most of the replacement parts as required --
given enough time and engineering expertise.  At the very least, being
able to fashion some version that performs an equivalent function
adequately.

At least in some rules sets, that capability is available at TL13-14,
and should be fairly mature by TL15.

- Tim
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=JydxSB9tZc6TS63HiAHJcg6SAwighNGJ