Hello Richard Aiken,

To be honest I have been thicker than a brick and stubborn in some of my posts here and on other forums which has pushed the envelope of behavior and the other members patience on more than one occasion. That is until I have the light bulb finally illuminate and thank everyone for using their forty pound sledge hammers to wake me up.

Thank you and everyone on the TML for your help. I'll also note that the thanks also extends to any of the other Traveller forums you follow and have helped me on.

Tom R

From: "Richard Aiken" <xxxxxx@gmail.com>
To: "TML" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:13:49 PM
Subject: Re: [TML]Tracking spaceships inJump TU, was: Instantcity

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 7:59 PM, <tmr0195@comcast.net> wrote:
My apologies for tossing around definitions. I was trying to find some way to clearly state my concept of the word "adventure" which is why I quoted from The American Heritage Dictionary.

I am hoping that one of the sources I supplied is more acceptable than The American Heritage Dictionary.

I'm afraid you are searching in vain, Tom. Mr. Chalik simply does not wish to understand. Because if he admitted to such understanding, that would undermine his position that a "certain death" misjump can't become a legitmate adventure.

I also suspect that Mr. Chalik genuinely has difficulty comprehending written English, since he consistently (not just in this conversation but in others as well) seizes upon minor points and ignores major ones.

--
Richard Aiken

"Never insult anyone by accident."  Robert A. Heinlein
"I studied the Koran a great deal. I came away from that study with the conviction there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as Muhammed." Alexis de Tocqueville (1843)
"We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous." Dean Winchester
"It has been my experience that a gun doesn't care who pulls its trigger." Newton Knight (as portrayed by Matthew McConaughey), to a scoffing Confederate tax collector facing the weapons held by Knight's young children and wife.
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=zZOCJCw2BI9jPrGTB4OJoibiHbbTEiok