Hi Richard Aiken,

I had forgotten about Jurassic Park, thank you for the reminder.

From: "Richard Aiken" <xxxxxx@gmail.com>
To: "TML" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:23:06 PM
Subject: Re: Off-topic - tracking enemy vessels, was Re: [TML] Instant city

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 3:06 PM, <tmr0195@comcast.net> wrote:
According to the movie "Independence Day" the money for the costly toilet seats and whatzits are supporting research at Area 51. ;-)

Ah, yes! I had forgotten that! Jeff Goldblum's delivery can make even the oddest information sound perfectly reasonable. I still remember his mathmetician in The Lost World: Jurassic Park: "First comes the 'oooo's and the 'ahhhh's. Then comes the running and the screaming."

--
Richard Aiken

"Never insult anyone by accident."  Robert A. Heinlein
"I studied the Koran a great deal. I came away from that study with the conviction there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as Muhammed." Alexis de Tocqueville (1843)
"We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous." Dean Winchester
"It has been my experience that a gun doesn't care who pulls its trigger." Newton Knight (as portrayed by Matthew McConaughey), to a scoffing Confederate tax collector facing the weapons held by Knight's young children and wife.
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=zZOCJCw2BI9jPrGTB4OJoibiHbbTEiok