Yes, mindnumbing numbers.
I'm trying to do the rough estimate of tracking drone population of the 3I. I could use help : -)

Cheers
Greg C

On 23/02/2016 8:52 PM, "Tim" <xxxxxx@little-possums.net> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 07:35:17PM +1100, Greg Chalik wrote:
> Recovery of a derelict may be worth something, but creating a
> potential rescue for a 'freshly' lost ship, and a live crew with
> only a minor security violation is a Space-wide news item even
> beyond 3I. That sort of 'brand' image is worth much more than 10%+
> costs of Tigress.

About 100 TCr per cubic parsec ought to give roughly 20% chance of
detection for a ship misjumping into that particular hex, if we assume
the most friendly published rule set for that sort of thing.  Call it
about 10^20 Cr for the Imperium as a whole, or in other words about a
hundred million Trillion Credit Squadrons.

- Tim
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=JydxSB9tZc6TS63HiAHJcg6SAwighNGJ