Bruce,

If you look at the last image, that has many items all together, and some of them look like sleeve insignia. I'd guess the round one is about 2 inches in diameter. That would give you a rough size for the ship models which are larger than 6 inches.
So everything you said is therefore true, and quite a bit of detailing would be required before the models can be used as game models.
Perhaps this thread can be added tot he Blender designs thread since Blender does I think produce 3D compatible file format/s.

Cheers

Greg

On 24 February 2016 at 07:51, Bruce Johnson <xxxxxx@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2016, at 1:27 PM, Greg Chalik <mrg3105@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Scaling is done as part of the 3D printing process, and any scale can be assigned.

I know that, but my question was actually  "Are these examples an inch long or six inches long?”

The surface detail is kind of meh; it certainly looks at though they simply converted the basic solid models used in creating the CGI to STL files and printed them; most detail in CGI modeling is ‘painted on’ with specialized surface displacement maps and applications. If they’re an inch long (suitable for gaming minis) it’s understandable, if they’re six inches long it’s kind of embarrassingly low-res. Judging from the deposition lines, though these are closer in scale to minis.

I suppooooose [heaves exaggerated teenager sigh] I could download them from Thingiverse and look at the files myself 8-)

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=JydxSB9tZc6TS63HiAHJcg6SAwighNGJ