From: "Craig Berry" <xxxxxx@gmail.com>
To: "TML" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 4:48:27 PM
Subject: Re: Incredibly efficient! was Re: [TML] L-Hyd not necessary for jumping & misc....

If I were the admiral or noble in charge of that region, I'd commandeer every available ship to give blanket coverage of every system in a J2 circle around the last sighting, and put pickets out to J4 just in case, along with a few out to J6 along paths leading to the Imperial border. Seriously, the AN would be insanely valuable if captured -- and it's obviously highly mobile, and on the edge of Imperial territory. If the Imperium doesn't catch it, odds are good the Zhodani or Vargr will. And that could be very, very, very bad indeed.

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 4:38 PM, <tmr0195@comcast.net> wrote:
Hello Craig,

How do you figure out the Annic Nova's course
from three jumps. Since I've re-buried by FFE
JTAS 1-12 book I'm pulling this from memory.
The Annic Nova pops into the first system
loitering long enough for fighters to reach
extreme range and pops out. There is no
mention of how much time elapsed between
the first sighting and the second sighting which
IIRC was a 2 parsec jump. The Annic Nova loitered
5 weeks and popped out of the system. Again there
is no mention of how much time elapsed between the
second and third which IIRC is a 1 parsec jump. Like
the first sighting the Annic Nova loitered just long
enough for the scouts to gather a bit of data.

How do you determine a search pattern based on
three sights and information that the mystery ship
appears to be jump 2 capable?

IIRC the word has been passed around using
the couriers and ships moving around the various
systems, which is in my opinion the best option.

According to the article the Annic Nova is equipped
with a J-2 drive and a J-3 drive. Everyone is searching
every point with in J2 of the sightings and the Annic
Nova engaged the J3 drive, which probably, since I'm
not looking at any maps is a guess, would be outside
of the search area.

Tom R