I think a version of it also appears in the comments on the general nature of Traveller that appear in the introduction of the core T4 book (which I read recently). But I don't have it handy right now.

On Jul 30, 2016 1:23 PM, "Timothy Collinson" <xxxxxx@port.ac.uk> wrote:

On 30 Jul 2016 09:36, "Kenneth Barns" <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30 July 2016 at 07:48, Timothy Collinson <xxxxxx@port.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> while I'm rattling everyone's cages...  I could swear I recall a (canon?) Traveller book saying something along the lines of religious content being best avoided in games.  I even *thought* it was something like the classic Traveller Book or similar.  But I can't lay my hands on any such quote.
>>
>> Is my memory playing tricks on me can anyone recall where that was?  Could be *any* era of Traveller but my little grey cells are saying CT, MT or maybe MgT.
>

> MT: World Builder's Handbook; p56
> "Including religion in MegaTraveller is optional - those who are offended by the idea of developing new religions, or those who feel that religion will be passe in [the] 50th Century and beyond can ignore the concept entirely.  We leave it to you to invent the details of the beliefs, teachings, sacred texts, and so on."

Ah!  That's almost certainly what I was recalling.  Thank you.  Why I didn't think of checking WBH I don't know.

Many thanks.

tc

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=CKGWeUlXNVzOv9Ey6KwqX8aXjeTXlVSV