Given how cheap and reliable antigrav is in the Traveller universe, it might very well be the case that ships making a short stop at a port would just hover a few meters above the ground, dropping ramps, ladders, elevator tubes, or the like as needed. It would certainly save on wear and tear, both of the ship and the port.

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 8:14 PM, <tmr0195@comcast.net> wrote:
Evening PDT Graham Donald,

I'm on the fence since I'm not sure if the destroyer that is landing has some sort of landing gear and I can not tell if there is any sort of landing pad/cradle to support the vessel's grounded hull.

If the destroyer has any sort of landing structure I'm thinking the port might be Class E. I would guess if there was some sort of landing cradle/pad the port is Class D. If the field had some sort of paved surface and landing cradles/pads then my guess would be Class C.

Tom Rux

From: "Graham Donald (via tml list)" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
To: "TML" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
Sent: Monday, August 7, 2017 12:32:57 AM
Subject: [TML] What class of Port is this?

A Travelleresque scene I found on DeviantArts, I am guessing this port would be on the class D/E boundary, am I right?

Graham
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to

http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=PltOdItWBSgOP4y0Q6abkGbDI1eus0lz

--
"Eternity is in love with the productions of time." - William Blake