Of that list "General Starport Services" is currently on the top of my list.  "General Down Port (Ground) Services" would work if there is no up port facility.  There's a topic for another discussion.  For Starport types A,B and C I have been mulling over in my mind would an up port facility be the rule or the exception? Methinks the volume of traffic would dictate that. On the other hand in my (not so Traveller) universe up port starports connected to the ground via "bean stalk" or space elevator were developed first and down port came much later.

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 3:53 PM <tmr0195@comcast.net> wrote:
Afternoon PDT Peter L. Berghold,

Here are a couple thoughts,
General Aerospace Services, General Spacecraft Services, General Starport Services, General Ground Support Services, General Down Port Ground Services, General Starport Ground Services or other similar combinations.

Tom Rux

From: "Peter L. Berghold" <xxxxxx@berghold.net>
To: "TML" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 12:43:04 PM
Subject: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation"

In some writing I was doing I am describing a portion of star port
where instead of large corporation berthing this area is where non-
corporate ships craft and smaller starships capable of making landfall
would be berthed.  This would be every type of berthing from a piece of
tarmack to a walled off area with a lockable gate (hatch?) registered
to the craft's owner.

In today's terms that would be (at least in my mind) the General
Aviation section of an airport.

Anybody have a word that is an equivalent that they use for such?
 Right now in the story I'm writing I'm using General Aviation as a
placehodler until I find a better term.

--

Peter L. Berghold                                 <xxxxxx@berghold.net>
Professonally: IT Professional (DevOps, Puppet, Perl...)

-----
To unsubscribe from this list please go to
http://archives.simplelists.com

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=RHIP1WUkWYOkimkOJSmuSRrbb1pu2Qxq