Jump 3 routes Evyn MacDude (19 Dec 2018 01:41 UTC)
Re: [TML] Jump 3 routes Cian Witherspoon (25 Dec 2018 21:17 UTC)

Re: [TML] Jump 3 routes Cian Witherspoon 25 Dec 2018 21:17 UTC

I did the math on this once... on a side note, which I think I’ve said
before, J3 is the longest feasible distance between fuel depots as
long as all non-fuel components occupy 10% or less of ship volume
(allowing for delivery of the tanker's own fuel usage).

Anyways, running 1 jump a week, with an accompanying 1 week in jump,
runs 25 jumps over 50 weeks, allowing two weeks for the yearly
overhaul.
So let’s examine the routing options:
Service to Service: a Route run between two ports capable of
performing the yearly overhaul. Can be back and forth, or even a
sequence of such routes, which is only really feasible for corporate
ships or good free traders. Length of 25 jumps.
Single Service Port: run from a home port capable of doing the yearly
overhaul, Service range is 12 jumps, allowing some grace time (1
jump's worth) of schedule slippage.
Single Service Port, Ring: as above, but up to 25 jumps on a single
route that begins and ends on on the service port.
Local Service: No set route, but instead servicing traffic between the
home port and worlds nearby.
any other ideas?