For a forthcoming Jotting: Language, revised Jeff Zeitlin (24 Dec 2018 01:23 UTC)
Re: [TML] For a forthcoming Jotting: Language, revised Jeffrey Schwartz (26 Dec 2018 01:19 UTC)

Re: [TML] For a forthcoming Jotting: Language, revised Jeffrey Schwartz 26 Dec 2018 01:19 UTC

My wife grew up on the Pine Ridge reservation....
Lakota language has a Male and Female _speaker vocabulary_ - a woman
will use a slightly different word for a thing than a man will.

This became somewhat humorous in the 1800s when a white man would
marry a Lakota woman, and learn the language from her... then talk to
her male relatives.
They'd all grin because he "spoke like a girl"