MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Thomas RUX (27 Jul 2019 16:18 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Thomas Jones-Low (27 Jul 2019 16:55 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Thomas RUX (27 Jul 2019 21:45 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Thomas Jones-Low (28 Jul 2019 11:10 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Thomas RUX (28 Jul 2019 17:19 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Ethan McKinney (27 Jul 2019 17:04 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Greg Nokes (27 Jul 2019 17:53 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Ethan McKinney (27 Jul 2019 18:35 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Greg Nokes (27 Jul 2019 18:54 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Thomas RUX (27 Jul 2019 22:18 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Thomas RUX (27 Jul 2019 22:05 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Greg Nokes (28 Jul 2019 05:39 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Evyn MacDude (28 Jul 2019 06:00 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Thomas RUX (28 Jul 2019 15:31 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Thomas RUX (28 Jul 2019 15:24 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Greg Nokes (28 Jul 2019 15:48 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Thomas RUX (28 Jul 2019 18:21 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Thomas RUX (27 Jul 2019 21:53 UTC)

Re: [TML] MT and Mixed WeaponryTurrets Thomas RUX 28 Jul 2019 17:18 UTC

Hello again Thomas,
> On July 28, 2019 at 4:10 AM Thomas Jones-Low <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 7/27/2019 5:45 PM, Thomas RUX wrote:
>> I will agree that in HG does cover mixed turrets and how the weapons UPC is determined. I will
>> also agree that in MT the requirements that determine the UCP for non-mixed turrets. I do not
>> agree that MT clearly states the UCP requirements for mixed turret the only information provided
>> on errata page 30 provides the process for having mixed turrets.
>
> 	I would agree that the determination for UCP of mixed turrets in the MT rules
> and errata only is not complete. Since the idea of mixed turrets is introduced
> in the errata the statement in the errata should be expanded to include the
> determination of UCP values.
>
> 	But if, as you were, relating the rules back to the statements in the High
> Guard rules to fill in the gaps the statement of "each weapon is a battery, can
> be used to determine the UCP value.

The following my understanding of determining turret UCP:

One turret weapon, for example a missile system, is one battery that when cross referenced on the appropriate table provides the UCP that can be modified by TL.

A single mount turret housing one missile system is one battery with a UCP of one. Combining ten single turrets mounting 10 missiles systems into one battery results in a UCP 3.

A dual/double mount turret housing two beam laser, which I consider to be one battery of two beam lasers result in an UCP of 2.

A triple mount turret housing three sandcasters, which in my opinion is one battery of three sandcasters has an UCP of 2.

Ten single mount turrets housing 10 missile racks combined into one battery of ten turrets would have an UCP of 3.

Ten double mount turrets housing two beam lasers combined into one battery combines the lasers into 20 which cross referenced on the table results in an UCP of 7.

In mixed-dual turrets with a missile system and a beam laser each weapon is one battery which when cross referenced on the appropriate table results in a missile system of UCP 1 and beam laser UCP of 1.

A mixed triple turret with a missile system, beam laser, and sandcaster cross referencing on the appropriate table/column results in a missile system UCP of 1, beam laser UCP of 1, and a sandcaster UCP of 1 since each weapon is a battery.

Here comes the mixed turret I have issues with.

A mixed triple turret with one missile rack and two beam lasers. The single missile rack is one battery which results in an UCP of 1. The triple turret houses two beam lasers which, as far as I can tell, can only fire on the same target is considered to be two single batteries resulting in beam laser one with an UCP of 1 and beam laser two with an UCP of 1.

If each beam laser is fired at a target in different combat turns I agree that the UCP is one. Firing both beam lasers on the same target at the same time in my opinion is a single battery of two beam lasers with an UCP of 2. Knocking out one beam laser would result in a UCP of 1.

To achieve an UCP of 2 you need three missile systems, or three pulse laser, or three sandcasters in one battery which under the design process could be three single turrets combined into one battery or one triple turret.

Combining turrets with the same mix of weaponry, for example two missile systems and one sandcaster, into a single battery should be possible since the gunner has to select the weapon and target to be fired on.

Tom Rux