System Sized Meson Guns Kurt Feltenberger (21 Sep 2019 01:40 UTC)
Re: [TML] System Sized Meson Guns Thomas RUX (21 Sep 2019 02:41 UTC)
Re: [TML] System Sized Meson Guns Richard Aiken (21 Sep 2019 08:24 UTC)
Re: [TML] System Sized Meson Guns Kurt Feltenberger (21 Sep 2019 23:50 UTC)
Re: [TML] System Sized Meson Guns Thomas RUX (22 Sep 2019 03:21 UTC)

Re: [TML] System Sized Meson Guns Thomas RUX 21 Sep 2019 02:41 UTC

Hello Kurt,
> On September 20, 2019 at 6:40 PM Kurt Feltenberger <xxxxxx@thepaw.org> wrote:
>
> I was re-reading a book (WarWorld: The Fall Of Sauron) today and the
> Saurons deployed what could only be described as a system sized meson
> gun.  There were two particle accelerator arrays on airless worlds (it
> is implied that there were hundreds/thousands of tens of km long
> accelerators) that fired neutral particles at a fixed point in space
> where when the particles collided mesons were formed.  This sounds
> similar to the description of meson guns (TTA and other sources) and I
> was wondering if anything like this would be possible.  I seem to
> remember the "Lab Ship From Hell" that was posted almost (or more) than
> 20 years ago that had a several km long accelerator tunnel that fired a
> PA beam several AU, so at least it appears this is possible.
>
> Thoughts?

Looking at the GT Beam Weapons spreadsheet I built about 15 years ago two get a range of about 2AU the PA output is 50,000,000GJ with a 12,500,000,000 Mw power plant.

Tom Rux