Erratta for MT Extended System Generation Peter L. Berghold (12 Oct 2019 16:53 UTC)
Re: [TML] Erratta for MT Extended System Generation Thomas RUX (12 Oct 2019 20:27 UTC)
Re: [TML] Erratta for MT Extended System Generation Christopher Sean Hilton (21 Oct 2019 15:47 UTC)

Re: [TML] Erratta for MT Extended System Generation Thomas RUX 12 Oct 2019 20:27 UTC

Hello Peter,

> On October 12, 2019 at 9:53 AM "Peter L. Berghold" <xxxxxx@berghold.net> wrote:
>

> Not sure I ever asked about this but I noticed on pg 26 of the MT
> Referee's guide that the size table for both primary and companion
> stars is identicle.  Is this by design or is this a mistake?

MT Consolidated Errata v 2.21 (02/23/2013) by Donald McKinney page 22 has the following changes to MT Referee's Manual page 26:

Page 26, Step 3, System Nature (omission): Use DM –1 when returning to this table for a far companion.
Page 26, Step 4, Primary Star Type and Size (correction and addition): Change the Type result for a 10 to “G”. Change all occurrences of star sizes VI and D to V. The modifier if a mainworld has already been created, and Atmos-phere 4-9 or Population 8+ should be +5. Type M stars may never be class IV; treat all results of class IV as class V.

Page 26, Step 5, Decimal Classification (correction and addition): Replace this entire section with the following:
Determine the specific decimal classification of the star (ranging from 0 to 9).
1. Roll 2D-2 (for a result from 0 to 10); ignore and reroll a result of 10.
2. Add the single digit produced to the star type letter. For example, if the digit produced was 3, and the star type generated was G, the star type becomes G3.
3. Star types K5 to M9 are not available with star size IV; change star size to V.
4. Star types M4V through M9V cannot have habitable worlds: subtract 6 from the decimal classification for primary stars.
5. Star types A, F and G are extremely rare with star sizes II and III: change star size to V.

Page 26, Step 6, Companion Star Type and Size (correction and addition): Note that because any roll for either Type or Size will have a modifier of at least +2 from the primary star, the table needs to be modified for results with a die roll of 4 through 14. Change all occurrences of star size VI to V. Unless the primary star is II, III, or IV, change all “D” results to star size V.

Page 26, Step 7, Companion Orbit (correction and clarification): Rather than determining the companion star’s orbit distance in AU (steps 8 and 9), Change the Far result to “Far (13+1D)” to determine the companion star’s orbit number (see the Orbital Distances Table, below). This also eliminates steps 8 and 9.

Page 26, Step 10, Additional Stars (addition): When returning to step 3 from step 10, apply DM -1 to the die roll on the System Nature Table. If two or more stars in the same system are size D, change them all to size V.
Page 26, Step 11, Maximum Orbits (clarification): The resulting number is the highest orbit number.

Tom Rux