Collective Memory Request kaladorn@xxxxxx (05 May 2020 15:54 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Thomas RUX (05 May 2020 16:14 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request hemdian@xxxxxx (05 May 2020 17:30 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Thomas Jones-Low (05 May 2020 17:43 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request kaladorn@xxxxxx (05 May 2020 19:50 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Kelly St. Clair (06 May 2020 01:50 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Thomas Jones-Low (06 May 2020 02:24 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Bruce Johnson (07 May 2020 22:12 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Thomas Jones-Low (06 May 2020 03:42 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Kelly St. Clair (06 May 2020 04:38 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Phil Pugliese (05 May 2020 22:49 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request kaladorn@xxxxxx (05 May 2020 23:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Greg Nokes (05 May 2020 23:37 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Jeff Zeitlin (06 May 2020 08:48 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request kaladorn@xxxxxx (06 May 2020 11:10 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Thomas Jones-Low (06 May 2020 12:53 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request kaladorn@xxxxxx (06 May 2020 14:18 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Thomas RUX (06 May 2020 15:33 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Ewan (10 May 2020 15:18 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request kaladorn@xxxxxx (10 May 2020 21:33 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Bruce Johnson (07 May 2020 22:10 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request kaladorn@xxxxxx (07 May 2020 23:39 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Bruce Johnson (07 May 2020 23:58 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request kaladorn@xxxxxx (08 May 2020 02:40 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request kaladorn@xxxxxx (08 May 2020 03:30 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request shadow@xxxxxx (09 May 2020 20:24 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request kaladorn@xxxxxx (09 May 2020 22:19 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Bruce Johnson (07 May 2020 22:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Phil Pugliese (07 May 2020 22:09 UTC)
Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Bruce Johnson (07 May 2020 22:15 UTC)

Re: [TML] Collective Memory Request Jeff Zeitlin 06 May 2020 08:48 UTC

I was on the TML a long time before that, well before Eternal September
started. Unfortunately, I can no longer find the floppy disks I had with
TML archives on them in QWK format, from back when the TML was hosted at
the School of Engineering of the University of Western Ontario, list
manager James Perkins.

At the time, I attached to a BBS (The Executive Network Information System,
execnet.com, now defunct and the domain resold) that had internet email
access, and downloaded for offline use with a DOS program called SLMR.

On Tue, 5 May 2020 16:37:46 -0700, Greg Nokes <xxxxxx@nokes.name> wrote:

>My oldest is from Nov 2004, and the address was xxxxxx@travellerrpg.com <mailto:xxxxxx@travellerrpg.com> - but I know that I was on the TML before that - probably before gmail stored everything.
>
>> On May 5, 2020, at 4:15 PM, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> With this, I have determined that I have an archive of tml messages from the new list starting in 2012 and back to 2006 at travellercentral.com <http://travellercentral.com/>. 2006 to mid-August 2007 I was on digests, but after that, its single messages.
>>
>> I see our current list's archives extend to 2007. Is there anywhere that this Traveller central traffic lives? Should there be?
>>
>> Ironically, I saw a posting from 2007 on Alderson Disks/Discs.... clearly the wheel turns but just ends up at the same place ;)
>>
>> TomB
>>
>> On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 6:49 PM Phil Pugliese - philpugliese at yahoo.com <http://yahoo.com/> (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com <mailto:xxxxxx@simplelists.com>> wrote:
>> I just sent a private msg w/ the raw data from a TML msg from MAR2012 when the TML was at travellercentral.com <http://travellercentral.com/> (xxxxxx@travellercentral.com <mailto:xxxxxx@travellercentral.com>).
>>
>> As I recall, Jon, who ran the site, wanted to retire that server which meant the TML had to move.
>>
>> I also recall that he was in declining health.
>>
>> Anybody know how he's doing?
>>
>> I hope he's OK.
>>
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> On Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 08:54:11 AM MST, <xxxxxx@gmail.com <mailto:xxxxxx@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>> For some reasons, though I could be mistaken, I think this list may have moved list-servers some time in the last decade.
>>
>> a) Do I recall that correctly?
>> b) If so, does anyone have the email address that the older list traffic would have originated from?
>>
>> I'm getting ready to extract most of my mail from the auspices of the Googles, so getting all the bits I want to save seems prudent.
>>
>> Lastly, is there an online mailing list archive that is searchable?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> TomB
>> -----
>> The Traveller Mailing List
>> Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml <http://archives.simplelists.com/tml>
>> Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com <mailto:xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
>> To unsubscribe from this list please go to
>> http://archives.simplelists.com <http://archives.simplelists.com/>
>> -----
>> The Traveller Mailing List
>> Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml <http://archives.simplelists.com/tml>
>> Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com <mailto:xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
>> To unsubscribe from this list please go to
>> http://archives.simplelists.com <http://archives.simplelists.com/>
>> -----
> [...]

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2020. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)