Lost Rules - Atmospheric Limitations kaladorn@xxxxxx (13 Jul 2020 19:33 UTC)
Re: [TML] Lost Rules - Atmospheric Limitations Rupert Boleyn (14 Jul 2020 00:47 UTC)
Re: [TML] Lost Rules - Atmospheric Limitations kaladorn@xxxxxx (14 Jul 2020 05:50 UTC)
Re: [TML] Lost Rules - Atmospheric Limitations Alan Peery (14 Jul 2020 12:15 UTC)

On 14Jul2020 0733, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:
> I was perusing Supplement 4: The Lost Rules. I happened across the
> following and realized that this is a pretty useful concept. I think
> it was left out of the game and I'm sure I've seen sectors that did
> not limit themselves by these defined values.
> WORLD CREATION (Book 3)Atmosphere Effects (Alien Modules):Certain
> atmospheres on worlds dictate the minimum tech levels as shown below.
> If a world has the indicated atmosphere and its tech level does not
> meet the minimum, change its population, government, law level and
> tech level to 000-0 instead.
>
> Atmo Min TL
> 2- 7
> 3 6
> 4,7,9 5
> 8, A        8
> C 9
>

> I think C ought to be 10 TL+. I also think some of the taints might be
> handled by a modified human (a genetic change vs. mechanical coping),
> though that may apply to 3, 8, and if you want to start heading
> transhuman, A or higher.
Type 9 (Dense, Tainted) should not be easier to manage than type 8
(Dense) - they should be swapped. Also Type B isn't on the list for some
reason. You could inset 'B' where 'C' is and push 'C' to TL10 without
any major violence to the concept.

--
Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com>